MAY 27, 2013
Catching up on Awards. I guess I could have worse problems than not having enough time to accept the many generous awards I’ve been nominated for. 😛
Thank you Aimee for the “Versatile Blogger” nomination. Aimee recently suffered a tragic loss in her life and has chosen to use her writing talents as a therapeutic outlet. Some of the issues she’s dealt with hit very close to home for me and it always helps to know you’re not alone. Check out her blog. It’s inspirational and her writing is top notch. Six Words
A few rules for this one…
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog. .
- Nominate 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Notify them of their nomination
- Post 7 things about yourself.
This is the hard part…nominating 15 people who don’t already have this award. LOL…
Now for SEVEN things about myself:
1.) I love Sushi. I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
2.) If I love a movie I’ll watch it over and over and over and over….
3.) I have Lyme Disease. Fricken stupid ticks.
4.) I buy a new comforter (and tons of matching throw pillows) every year. It makes my bedroom look new.
5.) I’m an angry person. I’m fueled by anger.
6.) Guinness is my drink of choice.
7.) I’m a metal head.
Thank you Melanie, writer of the blog Mother of Nine and yes, she’s actually a mother of nine. I don’t know how she has the energy to write. But the most inspiring thing about Melanie is her sense of humor. I have two kids and want to poke my eyeballs out. Check out her blog, you’ll love it! 🙂
This award has two rules, thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog then nominate/notify a few people who have taken the time to not only follow your blog, read your posts but also occasionally leave comments. This is what keeps a lot of us going. So I want to thank the following people with a nomination because they’ve taken time out of their day to comment on my blog. 🙂
Melanie – Mother of Nine – also nominated me for these next two awards. I especially love these because there are no strings attached! Just accept, thank, link, nominate and notify! YAY! So thank you Melanie!
My nominations for these two lovely, no maintenance awards are:
Cognitive Reflection – A funny guy who loves his drink and his cat.
Filled and Fooled – G has amazing boobs. She writes about her fantasies and lets us know whenever she crosses one off her bucket list. Recently her mother found her blog, possibly the funniest things I’ve read on Word Press so far.
Kissing A Fool – This blog hits home for me. Flaca is dealing with her husband’s infidelity. It’s a tough road and she’s documented a lot of her trials and tribulations in her writing. Some things are funny, some sad and some will make you want to punch out her husband and the bitch he cheated on her with…and her mother in law. LOL
Counting Ducks – This man is an amazing writer. He has a beautiful style, sort of poetic, sort of flowery but not over the top. You can understand exactly what he’s trying to say whether it be a story, a deep though or something silly. He’s also VERY supportive to newbie writers which is VERY much appreciated. 🙂
Gray Poet – He’s a poet and I know it, so will you and you’ll like it. I don’t know if he’s actually gray, maybe he has a full head of dark hair and his last name is Gray. 🙂
Thank you to Gray Poet for the nomination! I love Gray’s poetry because I get it. Most of the time poetry goes right over my head but he writes about things that everyone can relate to and…it rhymes! Because it’s supposed to rhyme!! 🙂 Thanks Gray! 🙂
The rules on this one are pretty lax…which I appreciate. Just thank the person who nominated you, link back to their blog, give a little acceptance speech then nominate/notify a few bloggers who at some point wrote something memorable to you. That’s what I think “Best Moment” means anyway.
My acceptance speech: (picture me naked, in the shower, speaking into a shampoo bottle)
I’d like to thank the Academy as well as Gray Poet for this award. I’ve dreamed of this moment since I was a little girl, growing up in the slums of the New Jersey Shore. When I started this blog back in December of 2012 I was just hoping not to offend anyone with my bad writing but with your praise and encouragement I’ve come to realize that I don’t suck. You like me, you really like me. Thank you and don’t forget to tip your waitress.
The blogs I’ve nominated have made me laugh out loud on several occasions and for me, that alone is deserving of a “Best Moment Award”. Check out their blogs…
MARCH 21, 2013
What a nice surprise. Thank you, Gray Poet for nominating me for the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award”. My blog title states my desire for inspiration, and the fact that I occasionally inspire others…inspires me! If you haven’t read any of Gray Poet’s work, you must. His poems may vary in subject matter but they always mean something. http://graypoet.wordpress.com/
Of course there are some rules, although not as many as the Leibster Award (thank goodness).
1. Display the logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
5. Notify your nominees.
7 things about me…
- I love to write. I can’t stop.
- I’m scared of heights
- I wish I had a college degree
- I love heavy metal
- I always buy those little recipe books at the grocery checkout. I have a massive collection of them.
- I think I’m lazy
- I have a crush on Stephen King
Now for the hard part…my 15 nominees. These are blog I not only enjoy reading but have truly inspired me at some point (some do continuously).
MARCH 17, 2013
It’s not a leg lamp but it’s damned close. I’ve been nominated for a “Leibster” Award by the lovely Josh Flaum. Thank you Josh, I really enjoy your quirky sense of humor. Please check out Josh’s blog: I Don’t Belong Here – Brain Poop and Lamentations Josh’s antics include: speaking to his toenails, eavesdropping at Panera Bread, dishing out invaluable online dating advice and of course treating us to excerpts from his erotic novel, “Pennies for Dinner” about a penny eating basketball salesman.
I’m not one for rules but I do love awards so I guess I can break my rule of screw rules just this once. The rules are as follows:
1) Thank the person who nominated you. Thank you Josh!
2) Answer 11 Questions while staring at a bright light (toothpicks holding your eyelids open is optional)
3) Nominate 11 other bloggers for the Liebster Award, ask them 11 new questions that you make up yourself to torture them. — The Liebster Award should be sent to bloggers with fewer than 200 followers, to hopefully increase their readership.
MY ANSWERS TO JOSH’S 11 QUESTIONS
1) What is the nicest thing that has ever been said to you? — I’ve nominated you for an award. No biggie.
2) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would that be? — I’d love to love to exercise.
3) Is there a song, book, or movie that changed your life? If so, do tell. — “The Deer Hunter” – I saw it when I was 12 and fell in love with movies which eventually led me to screenwriting.
4) Any regrets? — I have a few…
5) Tell me something I don’t know. — There are 18 different animal shapes in the Animal Crackers zoo.
6) What would be the first line from your Nobel Peace Prize speech? — This for reals has gots to be a mistake.
7) If you had the chance to name any organism/geological structure after yourself, what would you choose? — “Old Faithful” at Yellowstone National Park because it blows every day.
8) Have you ever done something TRULY, Fonzarelli-style, Paul Newmany cool? If so, do tell. — I had to think way too long about this so…no, I guess not.
9) What fictional character best represents you? — Bridget Jones, if she were American and from New Jersey.
10) What’s your motto? — “Reality is for people who can’t handle drugs”.
11) If you could slap one living person HARD across the face and get away with it (no jail, no slap-backs), who would it be? — The woman who messed around with my husband (since I’ve already slapped him)
Whew…this is now cutting into my sex with strangers time. So here are my 11 nominations, followed by my 11 questions for them. Congrats and Godspeed.
My 11 Questions to you…
1) If you could have breakfast with any famous person (alive or dead) who would it be and why?
2) What would you order for breakfast?
3) If no one judged your appearance would you still primp every day or let yourself get funkified?
4) What was the best job you ever had? Why?
5) Do you have a hobby? Well, what is it?
6) What is one of your strangest habits or quirks?
7) What would be number one on your bucket list?
8) What does this look like to you? –(o)^(o)– (there is no right or wrong answer here, just a deep insight into your personality)
9) When you stub your toe, what’s the first word that comes out of your mouth?
10) What would you do if Snooki was your daughter?
11) You’ve done something great, you’re wicked awesome…how do you celebrate?
So now remember da rules listed above and keep your eye on the prize. –> –>